While my Spring Break didn’t involve any exotic locales or raging parties, it did include a significant amount of Rest and Relaxation.
Unfortunately for my adoring readers (this is basically just a shout-out to my mom who has been kind enough to visit my site from time to time), this also meant a big of a break from the blogosphere.
But never fear, for I have returned! Ah, but what to write about? One would think that after more than a week of absence, my brain should be brimming with ideas of possible posts. Instead, I am faced with a spell of writer’s block, a misfortune I seem to almost perpetually suffer from.
So instead of a typical PR or media commentary, I’ve decided to take a break from the typical subjects and discuss a bit of my new/rediscovered favorite things from my Blog Sabbatical (that’s the official title we’re using for it now). So just think of me as a less exciting, less successful Oprah, giving you a list of my favorite things (minus the part where I actually give said things to the audience…okay, it’s really nothing like Oprah).
Favorite New/Rediscovered Things
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee: It’s not quite a revolutionary item for the list, nor is it ‘new’ to me, but with the rediscovery of the warm spring weather comes the rediscovery of this delicious nectar. One coconut iced coffee, with cream no sugar. Please and Thank you. DD iced coffee never fails to remind me of summer, and to be able to drink it again without freezing to death is quite a spectacular feeling.
- E.L.F. brand: I was at Target the other day and I came across a shelf of incredibly inexpensive make-up. My first reaction was that some grave mistake had been made in marking prices. My second thought was that I better take advantage of this mix-up before someone realized. Either way, I spent a total of $5 and got some of the best quality lipstick and eye-shadow that I’ve ever used.
- Men’s sunglasses: I seem to have misplaced my own favorite pair of sunglasses. This made me quite upset, considering how well they had fared despite my constant manhandling of them. I went to the store to buy a new pair (never over $20, that’s my rule) and I couldn’t find any I liked. Then my mother (that’s two shout-outs now) moved on over to the Men’s section and picked up a pair of Ray-Ban-esque sunglasses. Needless to say, they were perfect and I am quite content with my purchase. After all, I’m not one for the bug-eyed look.
- I-pod/phone free dictionary app: Why didn’t I add this sooner? And it was free! So here’s to improving my vocabulary!
- Out of Print Clothing: I’ve posted about them before, but I never got around to getting the Sherlock Holmes shirt of my dreams. Instead, however, my mom went ahead and purchased me a lovely Great Gatsby t-shirt that I am more than overjoyed to have. Now to restrain myself from spending hundreds of dollars on the website…
- Traveling: I took a short trip to NY to visit a friend over break, and as I hopped from train to train, I experienced a sense of nostalgia. I miss traveling, like I did so frequently when I was abroad. I even stuck to my rule that I developed when in Europe– always wear a scarf when traveling. That way, you can use it as either a pillow, blanket, or blindfold to keep out the light. I have used it for all three and I am not ashamed.
- Bagels: I can’t even begin to count that number of bagels I consumed over break. I don’t care how bad for you they are, they will forever be my weakness.
- Eureka: This SyFy television show is practically unheard of, which I see as a real shame. The premise: a U.S. marshal and his daughter find themselves stranded, and later at home, in a town a geniuses. Honestly, check it out. It’s heartwarming yet hilarious.
So that’s about it for my favorite things. As I said, my break was pretty low-key. But now it’s time to get back to blogging– a past time I actually really do enjoy. Back to school, back to blogging.